Jo Stuthridge MSc, NZAP is a Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst and a registered psychotherapist. Jo has a background in community counselling and has been working in a private psychotherapy practice in Dunedin since 1997 with adults, groups and couples.
She works with individuals seeking help with a wide range of issues including: relationship problems, depression, anxiety, addiction, life transitions, grief and other more serious mental health problems. She offers brief and long-term psychotherapy and she has a special interest in working with trauma.
Jo is a qualified supervisor and provides supervision for mental health professionals. She is director of the Physis Institute Ltd which offers training in transactional analysis psychotherapy. She has published several articles and book chapters on transactional analysis and psychotherapy. Jo is a Teaching and Research Associate with the department of Psychotherapy and Counselling at Auckland University of Technology. She is also a current a co-editor for the Transactional Analysis Journal.
- Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst,
International Transactional Analysis Association, 2006
- Master of Science in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
Metanoia Institute, Middlesex University, London, 2004
- Advanced Clinical Practice Certificate
NZ Association of Psychotherapists, 2001
- Certified Transactional Analyst, Specialising in Psychotherapy
International Transactional Analysis Association 1998
- Bachelor of Arts,
University of Otago, Dunedin 1983
- Teaching and Research Associate, Department of Psychotherapy & Counselling, Auckland University of Technology, 2012
- Registered Psychotherapist, with Psychotherapy Board of Aotearoa, New Zealand, PB163 2010
- Member of New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists 2001
- Member International Transactional Analysis Association 1996
- Registered as approved counsellor for Accident Compensation Corporation 1992